An ultra-wide prime well-suited to landscape, architecture, and astrophotography, the AF NIKKOR 14mm f/2.8D ED from Nikon is characterized by its broad, dynamic field of view and a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture. Complementing the unique assets of the lens is a sound optical design, which includes one extra-low dispersion element and two aspherical elements to control chromatic and spherical aberrations for high sharpness and clarity. A Super Integrated Coating is also featured, which minimizes flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Benefitting the optics, this 14mm f/2.8 also features a rear focusing system for fast and accurate focusing performance.
- Ultra wide-angle prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 21mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture makes this lens well-suited for low-light shooting and astrophotography applications.
- One extra-low dispersion element greatly reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Super Super-integrated coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rear focusing system maintains the overall lens length during AF operation and contributes to faster-focusing speeds.